The face of internet has changed the IT industry drastically. Now, it not only connects an individual to the world but also introduces new features every year. Cloud storages have been a trend this decade. Every tech company uses this technology to save data of their customers and employees. The technology is not limited to the organizations, but individuals also prefer to store their data on the cloud.
There are a number of cloud providers across the globe, but if you are looking for the best European cloud storage with client-side encryption and two-factor authentication then pCloud is something you need to consider. Let’s learn more about it.
About pCloud: Introduction
Founded in 2013 in Switzerland, pCloud is a safe and secure cloud storage provider that allow users to store their files and folders online using end-to-end encryption. It has more than 10 million users. The free users get up to 10 GB of free storage with a 50 GB of download link traffic every month. The users must verify their account in order to enable file-sharing feature and must follow a few steps to get access to complete 10GB storage.
How to choose the data-region as per your country?
Data-regions are the geographic location where a user store files and data. At present, pCloud offers two data regions – the European Union (Luxembourg) and the United States (Dallas, Texas). When you register your account with pCloud, you can choose your data region.
The data centers have been chosen after an intense risk assessment to provide the highest quality and reliability to the users. Its providers are certified under SSAE 18 SOC 2 Type II & SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type II and also comply with the highest level of physical and technical security applications including – Enhanced connectivity with 10+ providers, electromagnetic protection concept, Fire and early smoke detection, water leakage detection, intrusion detection, dark fiber connectivity and more.
Now, if you want to choose the data-region, go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Data region’ on the screen that opens up.
Location Selection: pCloud preselect the location based on your location (IP), so if you are outside Europe – USA will be pre-selected. If you want to change it, you can select ‘Change region’. A pop up will appear. Read it, accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘Request move’.
For security reasons, you will be required to enter your password again.
Once the data transfer to new region starts, you will receive an email and your files will be unavailable temporarily till the transfer gets complete.
Why pCloud is the best cloud storage for you?
With pCloud, you can protect your important files using encryption that will encrypt your sensitive files on any device making it invisible to others. It is the best cloud storage for you because it allows you to:
- Access files on all devices: You can save your files on pCloud and have them on your laptop, phone or computer with pCloud drive.
- Share and Collaborate: You can share files and work together on them with your friends. It simple and easy.
- Unbreakable Security: You can keep your files private with the highest level of encryption with pCloud Crypto.
- Rewind: With this feature, you can check and restore older versions of the files in your pCloud in your pCloud account.
How to Share and Collaborate?
Sharing on files and collaborating is easier on pCloud. You can share and collaborate with your friends in just a few simple steps.
- Check the file/folder you want to share with your friends or colleagues.
- Now, click on share link. You can give privileges to the users with whom the link has been shared. The link can be shared via email, Twitter and Facebook.
- You can even click on ‘Invite to Folder’ and share the folder with a specific email id so that the person can share and collaborate.
- Once you have entered the email, click on ‘Share’ button.
pCloud is available for both Android and iOS. It is also available for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktop. A user can easily download the software and manage all files/folders, access and permissions from their device with ease.
The Bottom Line
pCloud is a safe and secure cloud storage for users looking to store data on the cloud. The free version allows users to store up to 10 GB of data while the paid one allows them to store up to 2TB. If you want to keep your data encrypted online, try pCloud now.